South Georgia - Terms & Conditions
All rates are quoted per person in Euro, based on twin occupancy. Shared accommodation can be arranged on request. All rates are subject to change and the Irish Beyond Endurance Expedition 2006/2007 reserves the right to modify the published rates without prior notice.
Included in the Expedition Support cruise price:
- All Flights from Dublin to Buenos Aires or Santiago and internal flight transfers to either Ushuaia or Puerto Madryn.
- Bus transfer to hotel in Buenos Aires or Santiago.
- 4* Hotels on a bed and breakfast, twin occupancy status. (Buenos Aires or Santiago and Ushuaia or Puerto Madryn).
- 1x welcome lunch and 1x completion celebration dinner with entertainment (Gaucho show or Tango show or other entertainment).
- Bus transfer to hotel (Ushuaia or Peurto Madryn)
- Bus transfers to ship (Ushuaia or Puerto Madryn
- Voyage aboard the ‘Ushuaia’ as indicated in the itinerary.
- All meals throughout the voyage aboard the "Ushuaia".
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by zodiac.
- Program of lectures by noted naturalists and leadership by experienced expedition staff.
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
- Comprehensive pre-departure material.
Not included in the cruise price:
- Passport and visa expenses;
- Government arrival and departure taxes; meals ashore (except noted above);
- baggage, cancellation and personal insurance (strongly recommended - ask us about details regarding Insurance for Antarctica);
- excess baggage charges and all items of a personal nature such as laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges;
- and the customary gratuity at the end of the voyages (guidelines will be provided).
- South Georgia landing permit visas $100 (USD) per person, payable on visa application form on arrival.
Reservations and Payments
You recognise that in being part of the Beyond Endurance Expedition team, the Irish Beyond Endurance Expedition 2006/2007 has accepted your place subject to receipt of a deposit of 1000 Euro (non refundable - this is to defray the cost of chartering the Research Vessel).
Once you pay your deposit you are entirely responsible for your place as a team member on the expedition. If you cannot participate for any reason whatsoever you cannot sell on your place for greater than the amount that you have paid.
You must seek permission in writing from the expedition committee (up to 90 days prior to departure) to nominate a replacement team member. There are 4 phased payments thereafter as a % of the remaining cost (less deposit) and subject to contract terms and conditions.
- Phase payment 1 - (25%) - 15th December, 2005
- Phase Payment 2 - (25%) - 15th January, 2005
- Phase payment 3 - (25%) - 15th April, 2006
- Phase payment 4 - (25%) - 15th June 2006
Underwriters for loans are AIB. SSIA's will be accepted as security.
You may cancel your place as a member of the Irish Beyond Endurance Expedition on the basis that you sell on your place to a nominated team member. This must be received in writing and approved by the Irish Beyond Endurance committee up to 90 days prior to departure. We reserve the right of first refusal.
If cancellation occurs within an 89 day period prior to the departure date and if full payment has not yet been received, the full penalty of forfeiture of all monies paid to date will apply and unpaid monies are due immediately at a rate of 2% interest per month.
For these and other reasons mentioned, you are strongly encouraged to obtain trip cancellation insurance. The Irish Beyond Endurance Expedition 2006/2007 reserves the right to cancel any voyage prior to departure in which case payments will be refunded in full without further obligation on our part.
The itineraries published are for reference only and are subject to change due to weather and ice conditions, or due to any other reason beyond our control, at the Master’s and Expedition Leader’s discretion without prior notice.
Passengers have no right to any refund, any other consideration or claim whatsoever in the event of inevitable itinerary changes.
The Beyond Endurance Expedition 2006/2007 strongly urges their passengers to purchase a comprehensive travel insurance including medical evacuation and repatriation, and trip cancellation. The Beyond Endurance Expedition 2006/2007 shall not be responsible for any injuries to persons (whether or not resulting in death) or damage or loss to property.
In case of a medical problem arising during the voyage, either on board or on shore, which results in costs for evacuation, use of aircraft or repatriation, the responsibility for payment of these costs belongs solely to the passenger and The Beyond Endurance Expedition 2006/2007 specifically decline any responsibility whatsoever (also if not covered by travel insurance).
The passenger must sign a passenger contract which constitutes the sole contract and his/her agreement to all the terms and conditions relative to the expedition cruise.
By accepting the expedition cruise ticket the passenger also agrees to its terms & conditions.